How To Make Coffee
Let's make it taste great!
How to make good coffee is something worth knowing. It doesn't seem to be so easy for everyone though - let's be honest. How often does it happen you go to a restaurant and have a decent meal, but the coffee is a major let down? It happens a lot! Often the coffee is weak and tasteless, or it has been sitting there, warmed up for a long time, with the result of it tasting the way old shoes smell.
Use whole coffee beans - don't use pre-ground coffee, ground your own for best results. Our favorite coffee right now is Cameron's Organic French Roast.
In case you haven't tried the best coffee maker in the world yet, have a look at this one. I love mine!
Have you tried Green Coffee? It's the latest "IN Thing!"
Are you interested in finding out how to start a coffee shop?
Perhaps you are as me, a fan of Chocolate Coffee Beans? Learn how to make your own!
Learn about the health benefits from coffee and chocolate!
We also recommend Valentus Slim Roast Coffee.
We have a growing collection of Coffee Drink Recipes - check them out! You can make really tasty drinks from coffee, cold as well as hot drinks. Some of the recipes have alcohol in them.
If you have a great recipe you would like published on this website, let us know and we will add it to our recipe collection!
Our Latest Coffee Drink Recipe:
Steps to brewing great coffee
We are here to help you get some ideas on making good tasting coffee. If you have some good tips you want to share, please contact us. See our tips for making coffee page for suggestions our readers have sent us.
If you are contemplating buying an Espresso machine this season, stop by and read our Espresso Machines Review first.
Making Great Tasting Coffee
There are several ways and equipment to brew coffee, and each method requires the right type of coffee grind for the equipment. Make sure you know the difference between grinders, and do use the best coffee grinder you can afford.
Coffee Maker Maintenance
How to you clean your coffee maker? In order to be able to keep making good coffee, do this every month:
- In case you have a built-in filter, take it out.
- Fill your carafe with water and add two tablespoons of vinegar.
- Pour the mixture of water and vinegar into the coffee maker and turn on the coffee maker.
- Let it brew halfway through the brewing cycle and stop the machine for about 15 minutes. Resume the brewing process and let the brewing finish.
- Now, rinse the carafe out and brew plain water through the system - twice. Rinse out the carafe, and you're now all done!
Does your coffee taste bad? Is it bitter? There are several possible reasons why the coffee doesn't taste right. Here are some possible solutions to common coffee problems.
- Stale coffee beans or stale grounds? This is a recipe for bitter coffee. Get fresh coffee!
- A dirty pot? An unclean coffee pot makes bitter coffee. Follow the coffee maker cleaning instructions above.
- Poor wather quality? Typical city water may lead to bitter tasting coffee. Use clean water if possible.
- Using an incorrect ratio of coffee grounds to water? If the ratio isn't right, the coffee can turn bitter, or make the coffee taste like nothing.